Congratulations to Ernesto, M6ATD, on winning the 2011 Construction Competition. I think we all agree that his Paraset is a really superb achievement.
However, the fact that there were seven other entries, each representing a different requirement for the amateur radio user, but all showing great ingenuity and skill in their design and construction, was very welcome. As was the willingness with which the constructors came forward to explain their work in front of the other members, one of which commented that it was like having eight meetings on one night!
In no particular order, the other splendid entries were:
- Transistor curve tracer add-on for a ‘scope by John
- FET active antenna by Brian G2KQ
- PIC programmer by Paul M3JFM
- 70cm mast head pre-amp by Colin M0DDT
- 4m transverter and power amplifier by Eddie M0AEO
- Forward and reverse power meter by Mark G0SPS
- Remote controlled antenna switch and auto ATU demo by Phil G7GVV
Well done and thanks to all of you. Ken, M1SLH.